It is the author's intention to continue this research effort at a later time. The identified areas for continued research include:
- Replacement of the generalized LSB embedding system with Codec specific embedding algorithms. Utilizing Codec-specific properties, more intelligent embedding methods such as the inclusion of silence and voice detection can be performed as well as a wider variety of Codecs can be supported.
- Creation of embedding algorithms for video Codecs.
- Replacement of the XOR obfuscation system with real encryption.
- Addition of support for fragmentation of larger formatted messages across multiple RTP packet payload cover-mediums.
- Expansion of the shell service functionality into a more generalized services framework.